Training and education programs in bioproduction are held continuously by Testa Center and its partners. Long-term educational programs and on-demand video link remote training are both common. Using the labs and instrumentation as the training ground is very powerful for direct hands-on practice.
Cytiva, Uppsala University, Pall Biotech, Agilent, Gyros Protein Technologies, Vironova, and Ramcon are partners who extend the range of training that can be held in the Testa Center. We are open for entry to advanced level training for academies, small-medium businesses, and the industry.
Standing up to “Secure Excellence” the Testa Center collaborates with academia to support academic experiments, courses, and educational programs to grow the pool of talent in life sciences.
All teams entering the Testa Center will be trained by Testa Center in Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS). Anyone entering a lab is required to pass the Testa Center’s EHS exam.
Learning in practice
Very common feedback from teams exiting the Testa Center is “We learned more than we ever expected” and “you get up to speed on everything from the smallest tasks to the entire workflow”. Therefore we are comfortable to say that if you decide to go to the Testa Center – you will learn!
No matter if you are in a bioprocessing lab for the first time or if you are an advanced application specialist, you will learn and new face challenges in the Testa Center.Jesper Hedberg, Testa Center
Does learning sound interesting to you?
Learn about previous trainings
- Professor Bengt Carlsson reached out to the Testa Center in February 2021 with an ask. “Would it be possible to have students in the Testa Center using bioreactors to learn PID control?” he asked, yes, certainly we said. After two short visits to the laboratory and Bengt and the Testa Center staff prepared the experiment …
- Introduction to filtration for application specialists by training and example. Webinar content The first part is filtration technology training on Pall products. The second part describes a large-scale ribosome purification project that ran in Testa Center. The third part consists of an introduction to the Testa Center. In the fourth and last part, the presenters …
- During December 2020, final-year students from Uppsala university learned all about bioprocess optimization for cell growth and purification, and what life is like when you are employed at a bioprocess company. All the students were from Uppsala University’s Master’s program in Molecular Biotechnology Engineering. This project is the main topic for their last course of …
- Remote training on the Xcellerex Disposable ReactorRemote work and training has ramped-up as Covid-19 have made it much harder for anyone to travel. During this week we conduced several days of training over the Internet. In this video Andreas hit the emergency stop for the purposes of training. It was easy to see the benefits of not having to travel, staying …
- In May, we had a training on how to leverage parallel bio-reactors. Ramcon‘s two experts, Kenneth Rasmussen and Ida Järbur came to Testa Center and gave a training session on the Lucullus software (from Securecell). The software is used to program and control our Applikon Ez-2 parallel bio-reactors, but can be used for a wide …